Aims and scope
The Teaching Care Home Programme in Greater Manchester helped to lay the foundations for a research and innovation platform.
Building on this, in March 2020, we launched the Greater Mancester Care Home Research Collaboration group, with the aim of bringing together people interested in care homes research to:
- share knowledge
- discuss current research, and
- enable research collaborations across Greater Manchester.
Who is part of this collaboration?
- The University of Manchester
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- University of Salford
- NIHR Clinical Research Network Greater Manchester
- NIHR Greater Manchester Patient Safety Translational Research Centre
- NIHR Older People and Frailty Policy Research Unit
- NIHR Enabling Research in Care Homes
- Social Care and Society
- Health Innovation Manchester
About the meetings
The group meets approximately 3 times a year. The meetings are an opportunity for the group to discuss ideas, research projects and areas of interest for collaboration.
Interested in joining?
If you are based in Greater Manchester and would like to know more about the Greater Manchester Care Home Research Collaboration, or join the group, please contact Alison Littlewood (Programme Manager)